Subject : How to Cancel Power of Attorney I have Granted to my Brother?
Fatwa Number : 290
Date : 16-08-2009
Classified : Agency Authorization
Fatwa Type : Search Fatawaa

Question :

My father passed away and left a piece of land for my brothers and me. We granted one of our brothers a power of attorney to sell the land, however, two years passed and the it wasn`t sold. How can we cancel this power of attorney?

The Answer :

All perfect praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Mohammad and upon all his family and companions.


A power of attorney is a non-binding contract between two parties, so you can have it terminated whenever you like. Thus, you can go to court or the notary public and declare that you wish to cancel that power of attorney, then go on with the needed procedures to have that done. However, if this isn`t possible legally, then we recommend that you consult a lawyer. And Allah The Almighty Kmows Best.



Warning: this window is not dedicated to receive religious questions, but to comment on topics published for the benefit of the site administrators—and not for publication. We are pleased to receive religious questions in the section "Send Your Question". So we apologize to readers for not answering any questions through this window of "Comments" for the sake of work organization. Thank you.